How Flexible Staffing Can Speed Up your Digital Transformation
17 Aug 2023
Digital transformation is no longer optional for businesses to be successful. Modernization is crucial to remain competitive in any industry and increase market share. Legacy technology and the mindsets that allow it to exist is a death sentence to companies that are committed to remaining set in their ways. Implementing flexible staffing solutions through a marketing staffing agency is the most holistic and cost-effective way to overcome technical debt amassed by a slow start to digital transformation.
The Problem with Legacy Tech
The most common problem with embracing digital transformation is that current systems are not just old but lack capabilities from new technology that could either save or make money. Also, these systems are prone to increased security risks and compromise a company’s ability to exercise good data governance practices.
As they state, the consequence of this ‘legacy trap’ is the inability to change how the business operates with time. Innovation is pushed aside for routine because there is not a way to change things quickly, seamlessly, and inexpensively. When enterprises upgrade or change their technologies, they must ensure compatibility with old systems and data formats that are still in use, according to Gartner, while still conducting business as usual and focusing on their top priority, which is driving revenue. To make innovation possible for any change, modernization must be factored into the business’s strategic objectives.
Hire With Digital Transformation in Mind
It goes without saying that when hiring for any open role a company should consider long-term business goals. Hiring talent that will be a resource in driving the company forward through digital transformation requires a strategic approach. Here are some steps to attract and select candidates who possess the right skills, mindset, and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly evolving digital landscape and meet business objectives.
- Define Digital Transformation Goals – Clearly articulate the company’s objectives, the gaps in skills on the team, and the expertise needed to achieve them. This may require consultation with a digital staffing firm to complete comprehensively.
- Evaluate Priorities – Determine which areas of the business need the most innovation or are most prone to errors. Identify the most urgent needs to be addressed and how they will serve the bottom line. Avoid biting off more than your company can chew and blaze the trail for subsequent efforts.
- Use AI to Write Job Descriptions – Take advantage of artificial intelligence’s access to information and use it to craft the requirements and responsibilities of open roles. It will identify keywords and phrases to reach the ideal match for a position, especially in capacities that are new to the organization.
- Emphasize Soft Skills – Focus on hiring individuals with strong soft skills, such as adaptability, creativity, problem-solving, collaboration, leadership, and a growth mindset. Digital transformation requires patience and empathy that new hires must have to collaborate effectively with existing employees.
- Promote Diversity and Inclusion – Emphasize diversity and inclusion initiatives to foster a culture of innovation and creativity, which are crucial for a successful digital transformation. People from different backgrounds approach problems differently and offer insight from multiple angles of the business.
- Conduct Competency-Based Interviews – Structure interviews to assess candidates’ digital skills, problem-solving abilities, and adaptability. Prepare competency-based questions to gauge their experience with digital tools and technologies. Working with a staffing firm can help streamline the process and evaluate the results for compatibility with digital transformation goals.
Flexible Staffing Models
The right staffing firm for a company going through a digital transformation is one that offers flexibility and communication as a selling point to their clients. A pivot like this often involves changes in technology, processes, and the overall business model, which can create new challenges and demands for every department. As the journey progresses a business will often find itself in ‘hurry up and wait’ situations often as questions find answers and new needs are evaluated. Working with a staffing firm can be beneficial during this transformative phase in a company’s history.
- Untapped Talent Pool – By working with a staffing firm, companies have access to their deep networks rooted in their industries. A knowledgeable recruitment team has the information of top professionals who may not be actively seeking new roles on a company’s frequented platforms.
- Scalability and Agility – Flexible staffing enables a company to scale its workforce up or down based on projects or team requirements, providing greater agility in responding to changing priorities. At its core digital transformation calls for adaptation to current and future needs.
- Quick Response to Market Demands – As quickly as things change in the competitive landscape, the company that is quick to meet new demands of their customers and target audience will lead the market share. Flexible staffing allows businesses to assemble project teams promptly as opportunities arise, reducing time-to-market for new service offerings.
- Minimize Business Disruptions – One of the growing pains of digital transformation, disruptions to existing workflows and operations are unavoidable but can be mitigated with proper preparation. The soft skills present in new additions to the core team can keep disruptions down, provide solutions to problems as they arise, and keep business flowing.
- Knowledge Portability – Flexible staffing allows temporary hires to bring fresh perspectives and expertise from their previous experiences in different companies and industries. They can also facilitate knowledge transfer to the existing team, helping them learn new skills and best practices during the transformation.
- Pilot Projects and Experimentation – Hiring flexible staff for pilot projects and experimentations allows companies to test new ideas without committing to long-term resources until the results are validated. This protects reporting of ROI, helps measurement of the effectiveness of the plans, as well as provides opportunities for evaluation and adaptation of the strategy.
- Addressing Peak Workloads – The cyclical nature of a digital transformation often results in increased workloads for staff. Flexible staffing can help manage peak workloads and prevent burnout among existing employees.
Digital Transformation is not a one-time project but an ongoing, ever-adapting journey. It requires flexibility, adaptability, and a commitment to continuous improvement. As a company goes through it, their employees go through it too. This changes the culture of the organization and impacts every aspect of the business.
With a flexible staffing model and by fostering a culture of innovation, businesses can overcome legacy tech and optimize their digital transformation for long-term success.
HelloKindred is the modern staffing solution for innovative businesses. Our range of digital marketing recruitment solutions can be delivered to suit your needs, whether that’s remote, hybrid, full-time or temp. We make it simple and flexible for you to access talented people who can deliver real value, now. Find out more about our services or schedule a call with us today!